Friday, November 17, 2006

Book Clubs....

I have a confession. It's ugly, I've buried it deep, but here it is: I detest book signings. Some authors are wonderful at sitting at a table in the middle of the bookstore, grinning with the stack of her books beside her and happily chatting with passersby, answering questions about the latest Grisham novel or directing customers to the lavatory. But, I cannot stand them. I'm not a salesperson. It's why I sit in a dimly lit room behind a computer all day!

But one thing I've always loved doing, from day one, is visiting book clubs. It's such a kick, talking to people who have read the book, answering questions about the characters, the plot, the process. Now, that is fun.

One time, someone at a book club noticed that the book's villain had a little ritual be performed just before each crime and she'd only realized afterward, complimenting on such a clever clue. I sat dumbfounded. "Huh?" Blushing, I confessed that I had no idea what she was talking about. But sure enough, as we went back through the book, she was right!

Since the release of The Rookie Club, I've done another handful of book groups and was at one two nights ago when someone suggested that I ought to offer to do them on my website. Right, I thought. I'll just jet between Omaha and Deluth and Mobile and Houston and my husband and kids will be thrilled. "You can call in!" someone suggested. Wow, I thought! What a great idea!! And so I'm going to do it. Call in to book clubs!

I'm in the process of setting up a page on my website where readers can contact me about just that. You name the date and time, give me a phone number to reach you, and I'll call in and join your book club. I hope some of you will think about it. I'd love to hear your thoughts and I know you'll have revelations about the books that I've missed. That's the best part of all....

To find out more, go to: www.daniellegirard.com/bookclub.htm

Hope to hear from you!

Danielle

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

   
© Danielle Girard, 1999-2005