Friday, November 17, 2006

Older, wiser.....or just older?

Every time I begin a post, I swear it starts, "I can't believe it's already..." So I'm going to skip that part and say it's clearly been WAY too long since I've paid a visit to tell you what I'm up to. The reason I haven't told you is it's kind of embarassing because mostly, I've been shopping. Sometimes I can spend a whole half-day going to Staples for paperclips. There are a lot of different types of paperclips, you know? More recently, though, I've been labeling the shopping "Christmas shopping" but truth-be-told, I'm just staying out of the house to avoid the computer, which is starting to hiss at me. Why is it hissing? Well, I'm not positive but I think it's either because it's feeling lonely or else it's breaking down from lack of use. That's right. I'm procrastinating.

If you haven't already heard, this is a famous writer skill, developed almost before the writer has learned to write. Some of the really great writers like Hemingway and Cheever procrastinated with a bottle, sometimes one in each hand. But for me, a credit card is just as good and it's easier to drive afterwards, safer, too. Now, though, I've been told it's time to stop. Not only is the computer hissing, but my husband is starting up, too. And I got a call from one of my credit card companies and I could've sworn she was hissing, too. So, it's back to the grind.

Honestly, aside from the shopping, how have I spent my last...uh, how many months has it been since I was in here....Yikes! Five months? Well, I have, truthfully, (or almost truthfully) been spending much of my time writing and researching on the next book, and also working on my masters in creative writing, which seems to require reading several very dense, long books every week. (Like Anna Karenina.) I know Tolstoy would agree when I say that this is not a book that was meant to be read in a week, or even a month. At any rate, I still love it, and am still chugging along.

In more exciting news, I'm working on a new idea for the site and promise (now this time, I REALLY REALLY mean it) to post it in the next day or two...so stop back by and in the meantime, happy reading!!

Danielle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

   
© Danielle Girard, 1999-2005