Sunday, January 21, 2007

When you can't shut them up...

Lately, I'm finding I am experiencing something opposite to writer's block. I'm in the middle of two books simultaneously (something I've never done before) and find that whenever I'm not writing, I'm still writing. That is, the characters are up there, talking away: bickering, negotiating, some times all out brawling. This is particularly the case when I'm trying to get some sleep. The moment the room is quiet and dark, they're like mice who crawl out of their holes and start tearing things apart.

I am not exactly complaining. I've been on the other end of the spectrum, sitting in front of the computer when nothing comes, trying to cajole them, tempt them, arm-wrestle them into one pithy line. On the other hand, as you can see from this post, I'm up at all hours and while the characters are running hard, I'm not sure I know where they're going.

And all those voices, well, it can be a little disconcerting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

   
© Danielle Girard, 1999-2005